Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Crush Limbaugh

I sometimes listen to Rush Limbaugh when I'm driving. (I have abnormally low blood pressure, and listening to Rush seems to help.) I've always known that Rush is not really a political commentator, but an entertainer. After this morning's show, however, I've come to the realization that Rush's brand of entertainment has its closest parallel in professional wrestling: it's meant to inflame passions around right and wrong, and to highlight the battle between (perceived) good and evil. Most important, it has only a passing acquaintance with reality.

Here's the direct quote from today's show that led to this realization: "I know what education is -- education is a tool used by the Left for the purposes of indoctrination."

"Crush" Limbaugh can be his wrestling name.

No comments: