Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Tacoma Here I Come


I've been wanting to get back up to Seattle; I love the city, and love seeing my niece and her husband and two boys even more. What's more, the Broadway-bound musical "Young Frankenstein," based on the Mel Brooks movie, is doing its out-of-town tryout at Seattle's Paramount Theater.

Tacoma, on the other hand, is a place I merely pass through on my way from the airport. I've heard the glass museum there is pretty amazing, but I've never made the trek. Now, with the imminent opening of Chambers Bay Golf Course (pictured above), I can hardly wait to get to Tacoma. This new Robert Trent Jones, Jr. course is getting some great early buzz, and it's managed by the same group that manages the courses at Bandon Dunes, which are the most amazing I've ever played. Here's more about the course.

(I wish the image were higher res, but it's all I could find. Hit the link above to see better pics.)

No comments: